These simple, delicious brownies will help Pennsylvania’s patients medicate effectively with RSO (Rick Simpson Oil).
This is a fantastic recipe for people who are looking for a simple recipe that can be easily replicated. Beginner or experienced patients can enjoy the benefits that RSO offers while getting to showcase some cooking skill at the same time!
What is Rick Simpson Oil (RSO)?
The form of cannabis known as Rick Simpson Oil, or RSO, is a concentrated form of cannabis with several medical benefits, yet most commonly associated with cancer. RSO is also successfully treats various other health issues including anxiety, depression, inflammation, pain, and even asthma.
Typically, an RSO syringe will contain anywhere from 60-90 percent THC; which equates to 600-900 mg of THC in a 1 gram syringe. This is what will determine the potency of your edibles made with this recipe as well as how many doses are in each syringe as per your tolerance level.
(A useful resource you can use to easily figure out your edible dosage is with this website called How To Edibles. Here, you can find a wealth of information on the science of cannabis edibles.)
RSO oil may also be ingested orally. A tiny dose of oil, the size of a grain of rice, is best for people start; if your tolerance is lower you may need less. This is a great way for people who don’t have the ability or time to dedicate to make a batch of brownies. You may place a drop of RSO on almost any food and ingest it immediately to achieve the desired effects.
Ingredients for RSO Brownies:
- 1 gram of RSO
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 egg
- Cookie sheet
- ¼ of a cup of water
- 1 brownie mix of your choice – (Betty Crocker’s classic fudge brownies are an affordable option that you can find at almost any store and work great.
- Sunflower Lecithin – (This is optional, you can find it here.) Some people recommend adding 1-2 drops of sunflower lecithin to the RSO and butter mixture since lecithin is an emulsifier (This allows the THC to take faster effect on your body by allowing the butter and THC to better bond.)
- Melt the butter on a low temperature in a double boiler.
- A normal saucepan works just fine since it only needs to be liquified, it doesn’t need to be boiling.
- Reduce heat and add RSO to melted butter (along with sunflower lecithin, if desired)
- Ensure it all mixes thoroughly to ensure proper distributed of the THC throughout.
- Remove the pan from heat and let butter cool.
- When the butter is done cooling, Preheat oven to 215 degrees Fahrenheit (102 degrees Celsius).
- In a large bowl, mix the brownie ingredients together: Butter, egg, water, brownie mix (add sunflower lecithin at this stage, if you wish)
- Spread the brownie mix into the cookie sheet – You may need to spray the pan depending if it is nonstick.
- Bake at 215 degrees Fahrenheit for 65-80 minutes depending on the size of your cookie sheet (This information is commonly found on the back of the brownie mix packaging.)
- Set timer for 50 minutes and then check every 15 minutes after that by placing a toothpick in the center to see if it comes out clean or not. When the edible is near complete, the toothpick will no longer be covered in chocolate.
- Remove from oven when done and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut into manageable doses and enjoy!
This is a fantastic recipe for people who are looking for a simple recipe that can be easily replicated. Beginner or experienced patients can enjoy the benefits that RSO offers while getting to showcase some cooking skill at the same time! We hope you have found this recipe helpful and look forward to reading your results and sweet modifications in the comments below.
Ben Dial is staff writer for GreenbudGazette.com. He majors in Mass Communications in Bloomsburg University. He currently lives in Scranton with his dog, Brees.